Friday, February 13, 2009

E-Mail Lists I'm Unclear As To How I Got On


A list of things I've submitted my e-mail address for: online banking, bill paying, e-mail accounts (natch), Williams-Sonoma, Stereogum, Heiffer International, the Max Recordings mailing list, the Yep Roc mailing list...and then it starts getting fuzzy.

What I'm puzzled about is which list my e-mail was on that suggested that I'd be a good candidate for notifications about deals on vibrators. In anticipation of Valentine's Day, I got the above from Babeland.com.

To be fair, I really like where Babeland is coming from, based upon what I've read about them. Nonetheless, I'm full on flabergasted as to what demographic information is floating around in the ether that suggests I'm a good recipient of this stuff. More to the point: what demographic data suggest that I'm affluent enough to afford this? They're asking $185 for the Pink Waterproof Form 6! I haven't ever spent that much money on a car, much less a vibrator.

So, that said, for any readers out there who are looking for last minute Valentine's gift ideas in the just-under-$200 range, check it out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok,that's crazy. I was on hillary clinton's email list and now i somehow get emails from Elton John? not sure how that happened. but sometimes I have a new email and i'm all 'i wonder who emailed me' then i'm like 'oh, it's just elton. AGAIN.'Also purchasing things online like 'yoga booty ballet' leaves one susceptible to ending up on some pretty strange lists. This happened to a friend of mine.